Treat Acne with the Botanical Facial Polish
Cleanser + Exfoliant + Soothes Inflammation
Organic Botanical Facial Polish
As mentioned in the Natural Skin Health series, acne can be triggered by hormones, diet, lifestyle, and stress. For those who have acne prone skin even an irritating product or scrubbing too hard can generate the inflammation response that produces a pimple or two. If you are battling acne I suggest taking an honest look at your lifestyle, and what you are putting on your face to narrow the possible causes. Do you consume an excessive amount of alcohol, caffeine, or processed food? Are you chronically stressed? Do you use chemically laden products?
The most common way pimples occur is when a hair follicle is obstructed with dead keratinocytes (skin cells). The oil from the Sebaceous gland attached to the follicle doesn't have a way to get out, which releases toxins in the dermis and triggers an inflammatory response and neutrophils (bacteria-fighting inflammatory cells) fill the area. The accumulation of these white neutrophils creates a pustule (pimple).
How the Ingredients in the Botanical Facial Polish Treat Acne
- Kaolin, a mineral rich clay provides a gentle cleanse by coating the skin like an adhesive. Once the polish is rinses it pulls off dead skin cells, debris, and excessive oil. The minerals in the kaolin clay are naturally anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Horse Chestnut treats acne by inhibiting sebacious (oil gland) activity while reducing the spread of bacteria. Aside from inhibiting bacteria growth, Horse chestnut also contains a saponin called escin, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Crushed chamomile buds also contain anti-inflammatory properties that work through the inhibition of histamine release from the clogged follicles. By preventing this important step in the inflammatory cascade, the crushed buds can help prevent and even reduce inflammatory acne lesions. Chamomile has also been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of acne scars as well. The anti-oxidants soothe redness.
- Crushed lavender buds are naturally anti-septic and astringent without drying or irritating the skin. Lavender also reduces redness, inflammation, and helps to remove dirt and excess oil from pores.
- Aloe vera powder contains aloe-emodin, arginine, magnesium, salicylates, serine, vitamin C, and complex polysaccharides including acemannan, which is a powerfully soothing component.
This dynamic blend synergistically works to cleanse, treat and soothe your skin without any harsh ingredients or synthetic fillers.